NEW CREATIVE PURSUITS


One of the reasons that I decided to start blogging again is that I am feeling the need to move in new directions. To re-invent myself. To seek new challenges and push myself out of my comfort zone - creatively speaking.

Don't get me wrong, I love all of my current projects and I am thrilled to be working on so many fabulous books for the foreseeable future.

But, I am talking about my personal creativity.

I recently bought myself a stack of new art materials and it has awakened a creative passion in me that I did not realise had been dormant for so long. I love the feel of the materials in my hands. The texture of the paper. The smell of the paint.

I have not used most of these art materials since my first clumsy attempts to master them at University.

It has ignited a curiosity in me. What can I do with these materials now that that my skill level has improved? This is part of the journey that I want to share here.

I have also enjoyed sharing this exploration with one of my daughters who is keen to join in whenever the paints come out!

This new awakening goes hand in hand with my life-long ambition to write stories for children.

Over the last year or so I have been quietly participating in writing courses and workshops, expanding my network and nurturing my love of story telling. But something about reconnecting with my artwork has freed up my story ideas. It seems so obvious now, but for me, the two go hand in hand. Words and images. I think that by trying to isolate the two I took away some of the joy and pleasure of story telling. Well, for me anyway!




So, I need to explore all of this in more detail with you, but I guess this is a bit of a teaser at this stage.

I am currently working on the next Olivia's Secret Scribbles, AND the next Ella Diaries books (at the same time!) so I am back in the thick of things with my current workload. Let's see if I can share some of the madness here as I work through my deadlines and dream of my personal creative pursuits!

Until next time. x


Comments

Don said…
Such metal mugs was popular in soviet union when i was i child.

Popular Posts