That "other" BIG announcement!


Does this make you want to just pack up and get away from it all? It just feels like a holiday spot doesn't it? Well it did for us - so much so, that we bought it! This is the bathroom in our BRAND NEW HOUSE IN THE COUNTRY!

Ahhhhh! So this is what has been complicating our lives (in a good way) of late!!
Click the link below if you want to know more!



We have decided on a treechange and have bought this gorgeous 18 acre property in the country! It's in central Victoria and as you can see it's a lovely little stonehouse built by the previous owners. This is our dam/lake!


It was a dream we thought was in a 10 year plan for us, but when it came down to it we weren't really sure what we were waiting for! We decided to just have a bit of a browse on the internet to see what you can get for your money - we did not even know where we wanted to move to! Three weeks later we stumbled across a gorgeous "it doesn't hurt to have a look" property and two weeks later it was ours!!! This was all 6 months ago! The long settlement has allowed us to finish off the little things in our house - which turned into a 5 month project! So our Melbourne house has been on the market for just 4 weeks, and we pick up the keys to our new place in 2 weeks! FINALLY!!! Here's our driveway:


It's all part of a plan to SLOW DOWN a bit and to do the things we have always dreamed of NOW! For me that's more art and craft stuff, along with writing and illustrating my own books. We will build a new little studio for me to make this happen in! For Ray it will be about permaculture and gardening, and for BOTH of us it's all about self-sufficiency and a healthier lifestyle! I grew up in a small country town, so I have some idea what we are in for but my brave husband has always lived in the city so it will be a huge adventure for both of us!

No doubt I will give you some more detail over the coming weeks, but it will be a bit of a weekender for a bit until we sell our Melbourne home, or at least rent it out if it comes down to that!

....THERE'S MORE:
One more exciting piece of news it that I have just been approached by a brand new independent Australian Publisher to consider a new kids book opportunity! I am very excited and despite my plan not to take on new freelance projects for a while, this opportunity just can not be ignored! My motto has always been "to go where opportunities present themselves" and it's always worked for me!

So I am one of a handful of illustrators that have been invited to respond to a short brief set by the publisher to help them narrow their search for an illustrator. The brief is right up my alley, so to speak, and could be a great chance for me to get published in what I call my "True" illustration style.

So while it's a relaxing day at home today, it's also a chance for me to start working on some ideas for this brief. I hope to be able to share what I submit, a little later on. I will write in more detail about how this all came about when I have some more time, as I hope it will help other budding illustrators.....

So for now, I need to get back to the sketchbooks and try not to be too distracted by the excitement that awaits us in just two weeks!

Comments

Woa!!!!!!!! Where to begin.. congratulations on so many things Dan!!!!!

First of all.. what's up with your new bathroom! I would never get out of it.. and If I ever did i would be wrinkled like a prune.. haha!

And your property looks amazing. A dream place really.

And as far as your book deal. I am crossing my fingers for you!! I hope you get it Dan!! Awesome news :o)

xo
Ali
Ange B said…
Wowser Danielle,
The bathroom looks like a day spa! How divine! You will be the envy of many people, how inspiring for you. Congrats on the approach by the publisher, Im sure they will love your response to their brief, fingers crossed you get the deal!
All the best...cough cough (we're all sick up here in Sunny Brisbane)
Take care and congrats again
Ange
Shannon said…
OH MY LORD!!! Me thinks that when you two need time in the big smoke we shall be house swapping!!!

Me also thinks your netball days are over, oh well. Twas good while it lasted....

Exciting times for you.
lil kim said…
Oh my goodness look at you!!! What a FANTASTIC property. You have your own dam? ha!
It looks absolutely heavenly Dan - what a wonderful environment to create your new book in! ;-) Congratulations!!! Good on you for doing the tree change.

(This is going to make it very difficult to get together for coffee though, and we weren't doing very well living 10 minutes away from each other!)
Thanks for your wonderful words of support! We are VERY excited and can't wait to have lots of visitors to show it off to!
Kelly Medina said…
How awesome Danielle! That is so cool!

I hope to some day get my only little self-sufficient farm in the country... some day.

Congrats! :)
holy smokes!!! You are moving to HEAVEN!!! Congrats!!! Very exciting!

Popular Posts