Work and play

I can't believe a whole month has gone by since my last post. Typically the project from my last post was complicated by some urgent new Ella & Olivia books needed before Christmas, so I have felt somewhat overloaded with work lately.
It's all exciting stuff, but I just can't shake the guilt that to get these projects done, my little one misses out somewhere along the line... (ie stuck in front of a DVD for a few hours.) Anyway, it has not been all work and no play either. Amidst everthing there has been weekends away, playgroups, BBQ's, swimming, Christmas parties.... This weekend we finally made some time for some fun at home.
I picked up these cookie cutters from Kikki.K recently and we certainly made the most of them...
...Cookies - OF COURSE....
Christmas tree decorations, using this recipe from Pinterest.
...and since the paints were out we finally got around to painting these lanterns! FUN!

Comments

K said…
Good grief = I can't believe how big she is! And how lovely - but I can believe that. I love the colors in the illustrations and the fact that you have so much work, a thing we have to envy. A few sessions with a DVD won't hurt her; mine spent a couple of hours each morning with Mr. Rogers and few other educational shows while I cleaned up breakfast and gathered myself for a long day of teaching and playing, and I will tell you that they have turned out marvelously. So don't suffer too much - she has so very much of you - a great mommy.

Popular Posts