Happy Birthday!

Yesterday was my birthday, and it was my daughters' a few days earlier!




I was spoiled with some lovely gifts from my favourite local shop (Your Home Matters in Goulburn.)


We then trekked into Canberra for the day, where we saw this wonderful Bob Graham Exhibition.


 He is an Australian Illustrator with an incredible body of work. There were so many pieces I would love to have bought....the artwork from this book would have to be my favourite!

 


It reminded my how wonderful it is to see original artworks. I sometimes think that all of this computer generated artwork loses something of it's charm somewhere along the way. All the more motivation for me to try to get back to some traditional media again.


Below is a little mock up of his studio set up. I felt like sitting down and playing with all of the materials.


 We lunched at Wagamama....


....followed by treats at Koko Black.......




What a fun day out!




Comments

Popular Posts