Hooray for Goulburn!


Part of the journey that I have been on for the past couple of years, has included finding peace with where I live.  I have spent many years lamenting all the things that I felt were lacking here. It was quite a culture shock after all those years in Melbourne!

But then I began to look at things from a different perspective. I began to see opportunities to contribute to the community and to support all of the wonderful things that are happening here in Goulburn. I feel proud to be part of this growing community and there are so many exciting developments on the horizon.

So, it was quite an honour to take up the opportunity to publicly declare my passion for this town, through an article in the current edition of COUNTRY STYLE MAGAZINE (August 2018 edition.) This magazine features several double page spreads on Goulburn and I am thrilled to make an appearance in it!

Over the years I have been able to contribute to several wonderful projects throughout the town including:

Creating the artwork for THIS awesome van.


It's our mobile Information Centre, and it continues to tour around, promoting Goulburn life.

And creating THIS wonderful mural in the local library:


And presenting at our first ever Goulburn Readers and Writers Festival back in 2016.


More recently, I have discovered The Collective. It's a wonderful shared workspace that offers you the opportunity to hire a work desk/space on a casual basis. I work from home, so spending the odd day working at The Collective is a refreshing change of scene. It makes me feel a bit more professional too.



There are so many wonderful things happening in this town, and I have so many more ideas for projects I would love to get off the ground locally. But for now. It's a case of getting on with what I do best. Illustrating. x

Comments

Popular Posts