Holiday Bliss

Well, I am sadly nearing the end of two blissful weeks of holiday. I feel so relaxed and content, yet a little remorseful (or fearful!) of how long I can maintain it! It's so easy to get caught up with the craziness of daily commitments.

It's been wonderful have some time to explore the local library, where I found these gems.


I can't believe I've never read Treasure Island! I really should make more time for reading - especially as I develop my own ideas and stories!

I have also managed to get all my first roughs and concepts sent off for my new book. Here's a peek at an early rejected idea!


I wonder if it had anything to do with my unnatural use of yellow! I find it such a hard colour to use!....alright - if truth be known I hate yellow! (It's a long story!)

But the good news it that it's my birthday tomorrow so I get the day off! (How convenient!) So I get an extra day to psych myself up to get back into the real world. Over the weekend we had a bit of a gathering to celebrate, which also doubled as a house warming! It was a great excuse to get the house into shape, and take a few pics to share as promised!


We had a magical day of too much food, lovely gifts and wonderful company. Thank you to everyone who made the effort to travel out to the country side to help transform our house into our HOME!

Think of me at 5am (or 2 hours later when the rest of you normal folk are getting out of bed) on Tuesday morning as I drive two and half hours (one way!) to get back into the daily grind! (Thank goodness for technology and the ability to work from home three days a week!!!)

P.S I have also found some time to update my links, so have a browse if you get the chance....oh, and I have updated my profile at my "anonymous" husband's "gentle" request!

Type the rest here

Comments

lil kim said…
wow! It looks like you live in a castle! Happy housewarming :)

and congrats on getting your roughs done!
Ange B said…
enedurbeHappy Birthday Danielle!
The house looks amazing...you must be so happy!
Oh and I too have the super sweet plate, bowl and cup set sitting on your display table, I bought it for Cooper. I just had to have it as I love the unusual shapes!
Keep up the good work.
PS I have just started my journey on vector graphics, completed my very first one in calss yesterday, a quirky watermelon boat floating on the sea with my little boy holding on for dear life!
All the best
Ange
Ange B said…
ooops...what happened there...Oh silly me typed the word verification onto the message instead of in the box...duh!
Oh that house!!! It looks like a dream!! More pics please!
Kelly Medina said…
Wow the house looks gorgeous! I agree.. more pics! :)

Popular Posts