WEEKEND NEWS

Well it's been a bit of busy weekend, so I have not really had time to put together my ususal Inspiration Monday, but I thought I'd share a little about my weekend, just to mix things up a bit.

I am still managing to squeeze in some freelance work, and my latest project has been working with a Baby Apparel company. Here's a sneak peak at one of my earliest projects with them. It's from the Summer collection which is out in stores at the moment, and I am currently working on Winter 2009 with them.



I also briefly attended the Children's Book Council of Australia's National Conference and Expo to help promote my new book with Black Dog Books. The author Cathy Phelan was also there, and we were both so excited (and a little embarrassed!) to have been able to sign some copies of our books for some visitors to the stand!



I am disappointed that I did not organise myself to attend some of the seminars and talks featured at this conference, and it would also have been a great opportunity to learn some more about the industry. I will be sure to make more of an effort next year.

But before I sign off, (am going to run late for work if I don't hurry up!) I just wanted to share this inspirational piece that was part of the exhibition of original art from Children's books that was featured at the conference.



It's by Australian illustrator Jeanette Rowe and it just made me want to go home and get creative! It's a felt illustration from this book:



You may know her name from these wonderful titles:


Anyway, I came home from the conference all inspired and motivated to start being more creative at home, so I have started my Illustration Friday this week and look forward to sharing it with you a little later in the week. Will be back with my regular Inspiration Monday next week too!
Enjoy your week.


Type the rest here

Comments

joanne said…
did you know your book made it to the david jones catalogue?? you are like totally famous - see you on court sister!
Ratlion said…
Congratulations on your first (albiet impromptu)book signing! :D Why embarrassed?! You go, girl!
Really like the 'Whaling Around' illo!
Hi there,

I love Cathy's book set "I'm gald you're my..." and the illustrations are just beautiful! Your other work is really impressive too. Congrats.

Cathy's books will be such great personlised keepsakes when the kids get older with them being able to write and draw in them.
Brilliant idea.

Claire McFee Author
Organize Your Life Now Blog

Popular Posts